The Armattan CF series is a no-holds-barred, high quality carbon fiber quadcopter frame series. Available in 3 sizes to accommodate props from 5-6″ (CF-226), 6-7″ (CF-258) and 8-9″ (CF-355), powered by motors in the 2204-2208 size range, these quads were designed to have an enormous power to weight ratio and the durability to easily survive the rigors of acrobatic flight and training. With THE ONLY LIFETIME FRAME WARRANTY in the R/C world, it is not a stretch to say these are among the finest frames available, regardless of cost.
Armattan’s Chris Leroux accomplished this by sourcing the highest quality materials available – aerospace grade, high-heat, pressed 3K twill weave carbon fiber. Overbuilt 4mm thick arms and 2mm thick center plates were designed and cut to provide incredible rigidity and durability while maintaining the light weight necessary to accomplish acrobatic maneuvers. Years of experience flying, designing and selling acrobatic quadcopter frames gave Chris the confidence to produce the first frame in the R/C world that is sold with a lifetime warranty.
The structural parts of the frame – arms and center plates – are covered by the lifetime warranty; the 1mm thick flight controller cover, standoffs and landing skids are not.
CF 226 Frame Specs
– Frame weight: 119g
– Motor-to-motor spacing: 226mm
– Motor mount: standard (16mm x 19mm)
– Flight controller spacing: variable – works with 45mm (KK), 30.5mm (Naze, CC3D, etc.), 35mm (MultiWii, Crius)
– Power Distribution Board (PDB): >100 amp capacity; works with 30a ESCs
– Recommended propeller size: 6″ or 5″
– Recommended motor: 2208 1800+kV, 2204/2206 2300+kV
– Recommended ESC: 20-30a (2206-2208 motor), 12a (2204 motor)
– Recommended battery: 2200mAh 3S, minimum 35C discharge rate